Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Passion Store

While on the way to Tagaytay we passed by this gem of a store along Aguinaldo Highway in Silang, Cavite.


I learned from my mom that she had been visiting this same store for over 10 years.  It's been her perennial source of kapeng barako.



Aileen--attendant, cashier and storeowner--sells everything: from vintage toys, museum-worthy coffee machines, to (now-defunct) Cardinal ceramics and canned vegetable protein.  At first glance I thought the cans were also vintage; I guess the labels were just dusty.  (Expiry date was in 2012.)  Below is my favorite picture:


She also serves vegetarian cuisine, and of course kapeng barako.

2 comments:

  1. Charming! I'd like to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a perfect location for an old-world feel type of ad. almost like a vanishing trades kind of place. besides, homestore merchandising (of this type) is already a vanishing trade.

    ReplyDelete