Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Flame-haired general

My parents invited friends from Marikina, my dad's hometown, over for Christmas dinner--a tradition almost 10 years old.  And these friends of theirs go way back, so I know all of them quite well.  Except for one of them.

"Hi, BJ, I'm Tita Marita.  We've met before," she said.
"Oh, I'm sure," I concurred.  Surely she saw me when I was still a baby.  Perhaps.

After the obligatory picture-taking, my parents' friends started standing up from the table to claim their belongings.  And then I saw what she was wearing, I just had to grab my camera.



The first thing I noticed about her was her geometric bob with crimson streaks.  But what urged me to grab the camera was her (low-hung) harem pants.  And those metallic epaulettes.  Although the neutrality of her grey shirt and white pants could have been the perfect canvas for a lighter-colored Motorcycle--perhaps the pink or the red one, to bring out her fiery hair color



For a woman of 60, she has a wicked fashion sensibility.  Most girls a third of her age don't even know what harem pants are.  And her flats just had to be animal prints.  As Momma Tyra would say, she's fierce!

2 comments:

  1. hahahha...ang ganda ng lola mo....

    alam mo tagalog ng fierce?

    "TARAY!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, super galing ng translation!

    fierce = taray

    but if it's the tyra in america's next top model:

    feeeeeyuhs! = taurrruuuy!!!

    pot, i miss you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete